Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Well lookee there

So I have been checking up on Resident Evil 4 (PC) for about 5 months now. I really enjoyed what I saw of the game on the gamecube, and was eagerly awaiting the port.
It finally came out a week or so ago. The reviews were flatly terrible. Bad graphics (loss, not no addition of, LOSS) of particle engines, fog, lighting etc. And apparently the textures were terrible. Sure, the bothered to make it support every resolution known to man, but it looked like crap. And here is where it gets REALLY good. NO mouse support. Zero, none. Now, a week and a half later, (and a 70meg patch) it is looking better, and the community has hacked most effects back in, and rather amazingly, total mouse support. For $20, I really can't overlook it, but it will mean buying either an adapter for my GC controller, or a new PS2 controller and adapter.

Another interesting note is that the Tomb Raider: Anniversary demo just released on Steam. Now, I remember playing the demo for TR2 back in the day, and it was HARD for me. The demo for TR:A was not much of a problem now, but it was a real blast from the past. I had totally forgotten the really epic and amazing feel of a correctly done Tomb Raider game. And dear god the control sceme, it is so freaking intuitive, I never ONCE fell or jumped or ANYTHING that I didn't want to, whoever put that together deserves some real praise. Last note on it is that it looks damn pretty too, and has good physics and guess what, on max settings it runs at like, freaking 100FPS on my box. Who the hell is working on that game, and why are they not putting more quality like that out?? (seriously, go play it, its rather amazing)

No comments: