Saturday, May 26, 2007

Thems be fighting moves

I had read (on Megatokyo and elsewhere) about a new doujin fighting game called Big Bang Beat that was reasonably heavily anticipated. A few days ago, one of my friends was playing the demo on his laptop at school, but it took me a few minutes to figure out what it was. I gotta say, its a spectacular game from what I have seen, and its a fighting game for the PC. The demo only has 2 characters and 2 stages, but still, its pretty nifty stuff. A good combo system, passive blocks, aerial comboing, 2 different power charge meters, and multi-life combat. Graphics leave a little to be desired, but they look fine in motion.
The sad part is that I can't get it. The game is being released in Japan, and there is NO way it will ever come NEAR the US. I often wondered why there were no fighting games for the PC, turns out they just never leave Japan. Anyway, its nifty, got check it out.
The third section of DLs is what you want, most of the mirrors are down, but some work fine.

No comments: