Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back again, maybe more?

So its been awhile....
Basically, I had stopped updating cause CS season was over for me, and I was annoyed that we didn't make im. But enough about that.

I have since gotten Oblivion working about 90% (best yet) and it runs mods smoothly. Quite a bit of fun, but just as I started to get into it, my friend started playing Baldur's Gate II again. And he just HAD to tell me about it. Its not long after some one mentions BGII that I get the urge to play it again.
See, when I first played it, I spent most of a week at the beach on a laptop eating sour cream and onion pringles and drinking mountain dew while I pounded through the game. In retrospect, I was a poor RPG player, and I really had no feel for fully understanding what was going on and appreciating it. To compound matters, I had played until the final part of the final battle with the final boss of the expansion to the game, and was completely and utterly stuck. Now, with BGII urges stirring in me once again, I would have gone and dug up those saves (which I have kept for YEARS, across 2-3 computers!) but I lost my HD over spring break, and that entire part of my life is gone.

So here I am, pushing aside Oblivion (which finally works), ignoring CSS, playing a little Starcraft and Dystopia, but mainly I'm back to Baldur's Gate.

It really is one of the best, if not THE best game I have ever played. Nothing like it. You want character interaction- I've seen my party erupt into sides and actually fight after issues got bad enough. You want combat- AD&D epic, by the rules. Now graphics, its years old, I give it that.
But anyway, I now have a thief I am running through named Edofix Gen. (damn I love that name)

As for other games, I actually started playing starcraft again about a month ago at the urgings of my old team. We hang out and SC these days. Turns out I blow. Enormously. Terran, which is the race I study to play well, is even worse than my Protoss. But still, great game. Which made me all the more excited when SC2 was announced, not that I hadn't called that weeks ago. If you haven't read up on it, go do so, and watch the 22min gameplay video, its really worth it. Over here.

Anyway, I hope to keep putting updates on here in some fashion resembling regularity.

No comments: