Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Tuesday, December 5th

So I forgot to post for a few days... mainly because I didn't actually play anything besides a few rounds of a WC3 TD. (tough one too...)

Today however, I gave in and installed Oblivion on my Vista install. And then proceeded to take more than an hour getting mods. The last time I tried to play Oblivion, I spent 3-4x as much time on GETTING MODS as playing the game. This game is so heavily improved by mods, that its actually BAD, simply because you spend too much time imagining the game, and too little playing.
To be fair, I did play some. My current set (I'll list next time I play) looks great, and plays great. As usual with Vista, some graphical problems (though not unplayebly bad)

GS2 includes one feature (that many RPGs do) that annoys me greatly. Random item forging. You give some guy an ore, and he forges one of a few random items out of it. Why is this annoying? Because I have to spend 30 minutes loading my save game before I give him the ore, and repeatedly forging it until I get the item I want. Seriously, if the item is not dictated by earlier events, just let the player choose, and save time. Otherwise they 'break' the system, and get bored doing it.

1 comment:

Drobi said...

Right. That forging thing sucked. Other than that though, the games were both great.