Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday, December 23rd

So I really haven't been playing games almost at all... I dunno why, other things are just taking my interest.

However, LAN last night. Was supposed to be for HoMM3, and WAS for most, but because of some random stuff, I only got in a little of one game. HoMM3 is amazing though; very very complex strategies you can pull. I got in a little CSS and HL2:DM, but the real highlight for me was playing the new Garry's Mod 10. Talk about an improvement. The UI/menus are totally overhauled, and the tools are way more stable. Also, from looking at the site, it seems new stuff is always coming out.

Since The Ship is having a free weekend, I checked it out. Nifty game, nifty ideas, mostly good execution, and playing it is a problem. The problem is that identifying players/AI/random people is FAR too easy. Also, the lack of any sort of built in communication with other players ignores an entire possible part of the game; selling information.

GS2 is nearing an end, I got the second party in it, and combat actually requires a lot of thinking now. With 8 characters and 4 actions per round, you really have to choose carefully.

The lack of updating should be gone this week, no work and lots of LANs!

1 comment:

Drobi said...

Yes... lack of updating... gone this week... *checks date*. Hmm...