Saturday, February 3, 2007

Post-Week 1 CS:S

Well, first match SHOULD have gone well. In fact, it did. We won 26-4.
But there have been some complications. One of our standard players had misunderstood the time of the match, and we had to use our alt. (perfectly legal.) Our alt. is a former CAL-i player, and pretty much dominated the other team. Half-way through the match, the bug where the server boots everyone cause too many switched teams at once happened, and everyone had to rejoin. The problem was that our alt. forgot to start recording the match again in second half. He is good enough that he got disputed by the other team for hax, and now he has NOTHING to show to prove that he wasn't. As of now, it looks like he will be kicked off, and the match will be overturned, but otherwise we will be fine. I will post more updates as I find out.

On another note, I started playing Final Fantasy Adventure again. Quality game, and damn annoying. Its like zelda, but FF style. Also, all the items have a name, an icon, and NO DESCRIPTION. You tell ME what a "pillow" or an "eyedrp" is supposed to do. Still, interesting weapons and a good magic system make up for it.

X-COM is back in my life as well, I got it working on my laptop, and I play it on the bus these days. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING has come close to that game for me. It is such a brilliant tactical game. All I can say is go find a copy online (abandonware these days) and play, play until you have seen every aspect of it.

No comments: